A hickey, also known as a kiss brand or a love bite, is actually a kind of bruise. The hickies result from kissing or skin suctioning too hard, causing broken capillaries and pooling of blood that makes the skin red or purple. Also read How to Get Rid of Hickey’s Quickly
A hickey can last for more than a week but heals with time. Once healed, there is hardly any mark or mark left behind.
Though, having the hickey where other people can notice it is pretty embarrassing. One can hide hickeys with clothes or makeup. You may want to try using a number of easy home remedies to follow.
The appropriate time period of the hickey lasts more than a week, but it will go slowly and heal over time. Even after healing, there is a slight scar or mark left behind.
Hiding the temporary hickey will just need makeup to cover it. Otherwise, you should try to get the help of the easy home remedies that are:
Home remedies To Get Rid Of Hickies Fast
1. Cold Compress
A cold compress will work on the transfer clots to break into the parts to spread blood all along the way. You can use any type of cold compress to get relief from the hickeys.
In a paper towel, place ice cubes and then lightly press your skin with this compress for about 15 minutes, sometimes a day. Ice will reduce pain and prevent your skin from swelling. Make sure you do not apply ice to the skin as it will cause ice burns.
Alternatively, you can try this remedy with a spoon by keeping it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Now hold the spoon in a cloth and rub lightly on the affected skin.
Do this remedy for several times in a day until you see that the hickey is completely cured.
2. Rubbing Alcohol
If only a few hours have passed since you got the hickey, the rub of the alcohol is just the right ingredient for you. Rubbing alcohol has disinfecting, soothing and cooling properties that can help get rid of a quick hickey.
- Apply alcohol to the affected area using a cotton ball.
- Gently rub the area for several minutes. This will help minimize any discomfort.
- The friction of alcohol can dry your skin, so apply a moisturizing lotion to the area after you finish.
- Do it several times a day for one or two days.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer for all skin types, so do not worry before applying aloe vera. This will help reduce the sensitivity of the affected skin.
In addition, it has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that will irregular blood capillaries faster in your skin.
Extract the fresh aloe vera gel from the aloe vera leaf and then massage this gel on bruising or discoloration of the skin. Make this remedy three times a day.
In the absence of aloe vera plant at your home, you can use a cream or aloe vera based lotion then apply on the affected skin three times a day for two days.
4. Vitamin K
Vitamin K prevents clotting (blood clots) and can, therefore, be used to treat bruises. This vitamin helps your body reabsorb the combined blood and speed up the healing process.
- Apply a lotion or cream rich in vitamin K to the hickey two or three times a day until the ringworm is gone.
- Eat more foods rich in vitamin K such as brown rice, spinach, broccoli, soybean oil and fish oil for a few days.
- You can also take Vitamin K supplements to facilitate the healing process.
5. Banana Peel
Banana peels have calming properties as well as cooling properties that can help minimize your hickey quickly.
- Cut the bark of a ripe banana to the size of your hickey.
- Place the inside of the skin on the contour for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Do it two or three times a day to reduce the appearance of the bruise.
The stimulant effect of peppermint can help improve blood circulation, and hence it is very useful in treating hickeys. It can also heal the capillary vessels.
- Gently apply the peppermint oil to the area of affected skin. At first, there will be a tingling sensation, but it will disappear quickly.
- Do not utilize this home remedy more than twice per day as it may irritate the skin.
- Apply peppermint-based toothpaste to the affected area for a few minutes.
- Once the tingling has stopped, wipe it with a warm toilet pod. Do not use this remedy more than once a day.
- This works best when you do as soon as possible after getting a hickey.
Oranges are enriched with vitamin C which is an essential nutrient for your body. Vitamin C works to repair damaged skin cells. Vitamin C contains healing properties and works very quickly on Hickey.
Just after getting the hickey, immediately drink the orange juice in extra quantity. Do not use packaged juice and drink fresh juice to get the desired results.
If you do not get oranges, you can take a vitamin C 500 milligrams three times a day for about a week. This will be good enough to rebuild collagen.
8. Finger Massage
When the hickey ages, massage the affected area using your fingers, start with the center of the bruise at the outer edges.
Follow the remedy twice a day for a few minutes, apply a warm compress to increase circulation and quickly heal the hickey.
9. Warm Compress
Heat is very beneficial for a two or three-day hickey. This will help dilate the capillaries and circulate new fresh blood and help cleanse the mess.
In the case of hot water, saturate a cloth in warm water, wipe off excess water and keep it on your skin for five minutes, three times a day.
You can also use a hair dryer to apply heat to the area of affected skin, then gently massage with your fingers to improve circulation.
A reusable heat application from the medicine will also act. Use it as shown.
10. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is also a healing agent for bruising. Cocoa butter improves skin tissue growth and is an excellent moisturizer.
Apply a warm compress on the hickey and when the area is hot, apply cocoa butter.
Gently massage the area for a few minutes. This will help break down the blood clot and blood circulation.
Do this several times throughout the day.