There are several factors that cause food poisoning such as toxins in foods, viruses, as well as bacteria. And if you want to know if you have food poisoning or not, you should know about some food poisoning symptoms. They include diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, headaches, vomiting and abdominal cramps. Continue reading Symptoms and Home Remedies For Food poisoning
When you suffer from food poisoning, your body may lose more water than normal. So, drink more water to stay hydrated. This will also help to eliminate the toxins that cause your symptoms.
In fact, during diarrhea and vomiting, it is best to increase your fluid intake with clear water and fluids and avoid consuming solid foods.
In addition, start treatment immediately with simple and easily available ingredients from your kitchen.
Food Poisoning Signs and Symptoms
There are several symptoms that can help to identify that the person is infected from food poisoning. These are:
- Abdominal cramps
- Tears in the eyes
- Excessive salivation
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Mental confusion
- Partial loss of vision or speech
- Difficulty in swallowing food
- Muscle paralysis
Home Remedies For Food Poisoning
These are 10 natural remedies for food poisoning that you can do to get rid of this:
1. Ginger tea
If you want to effectively treat food poisoning, why not try to use ginger tea? Ginger can help you cure nausea, heartburn and other symptoms of food poisoning. Now, to make this tea, follow these steps below:
- First, take a teaspoon of grated ginger
- Then pour a cup of boiling water
- After that, leave it stiff for a few minutes
- Then add honey or sugar to this tea according to your taste
- Finally, drink this tea many times per day till the signs and symptoms of food poisoning are gone
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Though acidic in nature apple cider vinegar has an alkaline effect due to the way it is metabolized in the body.
Therefore, it can relieve several symptoms of food poisoning. It can calm the gastrointestinal lining and kill the bacteria, giving you instant relief.
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 tablespoons
- Hot water: 1 cup
Just mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of hot water and drink it before eating your food.
Or else, you can have 2 to 3 tsp of undiluted apple cider vinegar.
3. Yogurt and Fenugreek Seeds
Yogurt has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that help fight bacteria causing food poisoning. In addition, fenugreek seeds can help treat abdominal discomfort.
- Fenugreek seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt: 1 tablespoon
- You can take one teaspoon fenugreek seeds along with the tablespoon of yogurt.
- You just want to swallow the seeds & should not chew them.
- The joining effect of fenugreek seeds and yogurt will give you an immediate relief from stomach pain as well as vomiting.
Honey has antifungal and antibacterial properties that can be effective in treating indigestion and other symptoms of food poisoning. Honey as a natural remedy can be taken in its pure form or added to the tea.
A teaspoon of honey three times a day can do wonders to cure a stomach ache. It also controls the formation of excess acid in the stomach.
The anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial properties in lemons can give you much relief. The acid in lemons helps kill bacteria that cause food poisoning.
- Sugar: 1 pinch
- Lemon Juice: 1 teaspoon
- Just add a pinch of sugar to one teaspoon of lemon juice and drink it two to three times a day.
- You can also sip on warm water with lemon juice to clean out your system.
6. Rehydration Mix
One of the excellent natural remedies for food poisoning is the rehydration mix, which can be manufactured using the following ingredients
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice: 2 teaspoons
- Water: 1 liter
- Mix sugar, salt and freshly squeezed lemon in 1 liter of bottled water.
- Drink this fresh mixture every day at room temperature.
- The antiseptic properties of lemon contribute to the rapid cure of food poisoning.
7. Chicken Broth
Eating cuddly chicken can speed up the healing process of the patient. When a person gradually heals from the problem of food poisoning, he must be given chicken broth because it is sweet and the body will not reject it immediately.
Basil leaves or tulsi leaves are the wonderful herb to soothe abdominal trouble induced by food poisoning. It further has antimicrobial properties that help fight microorganisms. You can get the benefits of basil in several ways.
- Drink basil juice from a few basil leaves with a tablespoon of honey several times a day. You can also add fresh coriander juice.
- Put a few drops of basil oil in four cups of drinking water. Drink it slowly throughout the day to kill the bacteria that cause stomach pain and other problems.
- Add the basil leaves, a little sea salt and a pinch of black pepper to three tablespoons of regular yogurt. Eat it three to four times a day until your symptoms disappear.
As you know, banana is both a delicious fruit and a good remedy for many problems, including food poisoning.
It is rich in potassium, so it can help provide the amount of potassium that you lose due to diarrhea and vomiting.
Therefore, you simply consume a mature banana every day. This will help you restore your energy level.
If you want to eat a ripe banana, let’s make a banana shake. Consume this healthy and tasty banana two or three times a day in order to get rid of food poisoning.
10. Cumin Seeds With Coriander Juice
Cumin seeds are sometimes called jeera. These seeds will help relieve abdominal discomfort as well as inflammation of the stomach caused by food poisoning. Therefore, whenever you have food poisoning, let’s do this remedy according to these detailed instructions.
- First, pour a teaspoon of cumin seeds into a cup of water
- Second, boil it
- After boiling, remove heat and let cool
- Then add to this solution a little salt and a teaspoon of coriander juice that you can extract from coriander leaves oryou can buy in stores, market, and supermarket
- Finally, drink this solution twice a day
- Keep drinking for a few days until you escape all the symptoms of food poisoning